PDQ Roofing’s family-business founders have been providing quality roofs and roof maintenance to residential home builders, homeowners and property managers in the Calgary and surrounding areas since 1956.
Calgary Roofing Company
Our Process: Watch the below video to see our roofers re-shingle a roof in McKenzie Lake, Calgary.
- All PDQ jobs start with the loading of the shingles and the setup of the work to be done.
- All reroofs start with a careful tear-off of the existing materials and a thorough cleaning and preparation of the roof deck.
- Prior to installing the new shingles the eave and valley protection materials are laid in place, the eave and valley flashing is installed and a full felt sub-roof is installed over the entire roof deck surface.
- We also inspect the roof integrity and advise you on recommended repairs. Luckily for this Calgary home owner (see above video), we caught a problem early and saved them from future damage to their home.
- The new roof shingles are installed to the manufacturer’s specifications using the industry standard good roofing practices and safety procedures.
- Once the roof is completed a thorough site cleanup is completed.
- PDQ Roofing, “perfectly delivered quality, done pretty darn quick”.
At PDQ We Dare To Care
As a professional company we maintain our COR certification. COR is recognized by Occupational Health and Safety as well as the Worker’s Compensation Board as a necessary method of operation to insure that all of our workers working at your property have received the required safety training and certification. We perform both internal and external audits on a regular basis so that we can participate in these government programs:
- Certificate of Recognition (COR)
- Partners in Injury Reduction (PIR)
And for the protection of the public and our workers we have:
- $5,000,000.00 of Public Liability & Damage Insurance
- Full Worker’s Compensation Coverage
This is important for you as the homeowner, builder or property manager as it eliminates your liability for any accidents that may happen during the course of work. Please note that many construction companies are not COR certified, so we believe this gives us an edge over a number of our competitors in terms of safety and quality.
PDQ Roofing’s family business founders have successfully been completing residential new roofs, re-roofs, roof repairs, roof renovations and shingle replacements in the Calgary area since 1956.
Calgary Roofing 101
Here are a few considerations on custom roofing.
Roofing Considerations for Custom Homes
If you are in the market for a custom built home, one thing you will realize is that there are different kinds of roofs to suit different climate conditions and homeowner preferences. The cost for a new roof depends on: the size/shape of the roof, the roof pitch/slope (low to steep), the roofing materials chosen, the level of expertise of the roofing tradesmen and the site safety precautions put in place. Some of the most important factors to consider when installing a new roof include:
- Ventilation Requirements and Condensation Precautions
- Roof Flashing Used at the Protrusions, Abutments and Edges
- Suitability and Durability of the Roof Shingles for the Local Climate Conditions
- Life Span of the particular Roof Shingles Chosen
- Texture, Colour and Architectural Detailing of the Roof Shingles
There are a number of technical issues that can arise when constructing a watertight roof assembly. Roofing is essentially on-site factory work, thus a great deal of care, attention and professionalism is required. Roofing installers need to have the required training, expertise and experience with the type of roof shingles being used. Ideally, roofing installers are authorized and supervised by an Alberta Trades Certified Journeyman Roofer. PDQ Roofing is owned and operated by an Alberta Trades Certified Journeyman Roofer.
Our Roofing Testimonials
These three videos contain some of our testimonials that can be found on our Google reviews.